PEE WEE LINUX
Create a personalized
version of Tom's Root Boot.
- Download the image from http://www.toms.net/rb/
- Read the FAQ page at http://www.toms.net/rb/tomsrtbt.FAQ,
especially section 6.
- Step up to root. su - root
- Extract the files from the
file tomsrtbt-1.7.185.tar.gzusing the command: tar xvzf tomsrtbt-1.7.185.tar.gz
- Go into the directory it
- Extract the files from the disk
image using the command: sh
- Go into the filesystem
- Under here, you'll see lots of
directories like bin,
sbinetc. taris a hard link
to pax, you need to remove this with
rm tar. (the same applies to cpio)
- Download the program you want from
will probably do all the tar functions you want.
- Uncompress the program with
- Remove some other programs/files
within the bin/
libetc. directories which you don't think you need,
the FAQ suggests dmsdos and ce.
- Go back up to the top level
directory, and type 2/usr/doc/buildit.s, this will build you a new disk image and tell you
how to save it to disk.