Submitter: Jeffrey S. Gilton
- Download the install image from Adobe*
- Undo the archive with gunzip and tar (or tar xzvf)
- If you are not root, then log out and relogin as root or use su
- Change to the directory that is created
- Run the install script (You don't undo the TAR files it creates.
The install script takes care of this. This will install under /usr/local
if you don't tell it to put it somewhere else.)
- Then, create a link, /usr/bin/acroread, to let me run the program
with a command
- ln -s /usr/local/Acrobat4/bin/acroread /usr/bin/acroread
To get this to run with Netscape, you will need to set up a
helper. One of the TXT files included with the distribution
tells you how to do this.